Lisa Sofia, President and Chief Executive Officer
Since joining Deer Meadows in 1984, Lisa has served our community in many important roles and is currently serving in the dual role of Chief Executive Officer of Deer Meadows Retirement Community and President of BHP Services, a management company formed in 2007.
Lisa holds dual Masters Degrees in Health Care Administration and Public Health Education. which she earned with honors from St. Joseph’s University. Lisa is a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and holds a Bachelors of Science in Nursing from LaSalle University. Lisa is currently a Licensed Nursing Home Administrator and previously held a certification as a Personal Care Administrator in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Lisa’s other current certifications include Affordable Housing Manager, Professional of Occupancy and an Aging Services Professional.
Lisa’s extensive background in education, training and leadership within the healthcare profession focused primarily on the maturing adult and senior populations. She has developed a wide range of programs for all levels of clinical expertise from frontline clinical staff (Nursing Assistant) to LPN, RN and Physicians serving as Medical Directors and Attending Physicians. Ms. Sofia’s local and national presentations have included a variety of topics that range from clinical applications of architectural design in older buildings to clinical leadership and team management.
Lisa is an active member of LeadingAge PA, (formerly known as PANPHA) and is currently the Chair for the 2012 LeadingAge PA Education Committee for the annual conference in Hershey, PA. Lisa also serves as Chair of the LeadingAge PA Eastern Region Public Policy Committee and has been a member of the Fellows in Leadership selection committee for the past 2 years.
Ms. Sofia is the Past Chair for the Southeastern Pennsylvania Chapter of LeadingAge PA, (formerly known as SEPANPHA) and previously served that organization as the Chairperson of the Nurse Manager and Nurse Scholarship Committee. Lisa also serves as a non-voting Board member for the Reba Brown Senior Residence, a low income, affordable housing (202 PRAC) project. Lisa was pivotal in the development of the project from submission of the HUD application, to groundbreaking, ribbon cutting and occupancy fill up.
Lisa’s senior services committee participation include:
- Member, LeadingAge PA Board, 2007-Present
- Chair, 2012 Education Task Force Committee for LeadingAge PA Annual Conference
- Chair, Eastern Region LeadingAge PA Public Policy Committee, 2008 to Present
- Past Chair, SEPANPHA Board, Southeastern Chapter for LeadingAge PA, May 2011 to Presen
- Board Chair, SEPANPHA, May 2009 to May 2011
- Member, Selection Committees, Leadership PANPHA 2010 and Fellows in Leadership 2011
- Member, PANPHA Advocacy Committee, 2006 to present
- Member, AAHSA House of Delegates, appointed August 2006 to 2011
- Member, Education Task Force Committee for PANPHA Conference, June 2005, 2006 and 2007
- Member, PANPHA Public Policy Committee 2006 to 2008
- Member, PANPHA Financial Payment Issues Committee 2007 to presen
- Secretary, Reba Brown Senior Residence Owners Board 2007 to present
- Lisa received the PANPHA 2009-2010 Distinguished Leader of the Year Award.